Memorial Day is fast approaching and warm weather is on its way! As Massachusetts’ temperatures continue to rise, conserving energy can help you save hundreds on your electricity bills. Follow these warm weather conservation tips to help you save money and energy:
- Change or clean your air conditioning filter monthly during the cooling season.
- Cook on the grill to keep cooking heat outside the home.
- Install reflective window coatings to reflect heat away from your home.
- Block heat from the sun by closing windows, doors and curtains.
- Avoid using appliances when possible
If you want additional help keeping your energy bills down, don’t forget that MacFarlane Energy is accredited by the Building Performance Institute to perform home energy audits.
During this audit, MacFarlane Energy performs an extensive battery of tests and identify areas where energy efficiency, comfort and safety improvements can be made. Contact us today to schedule your home energy audit.