Improvements to Your Home Can Lead to an Energy-Efficient Future
The cost of fuel continues to rise, and with the changing of the seasons, it won’t be long until you will be firing up your heating systems. If you’re like 65% of American homeowners, your home may be under-insulated, not insulated, and/or leak an excessive amount of air and energy. If this applies to your home, then you are wasting both energy and money by leaking warm air in the winter and cold air in the summer. Fortunately, you can assert some control over their energy costs through conservation. By making improvements to your home that reduce your energy requirements, you can limit your exposure to volatile energy prices and keep your monthly expenses under control.
How MacFarlane Energy Can Help You Find Savings in Your Home
For years, MacFarlane Energy has been helping customers save energy by offering solutions that can really make a difference.
- Free conservation consultations help you understand the efficiency of your current equipment and the savings opportunities available through high-efficiency upgrades. An expert from MacFarlane Energy can visit your home to test your heating, cooling, and hot water equipment and explain the full spectrum of upgrade options.
- Home energy audits provide a scientific analysis of your home as an energy use system and clarify your conservation priorities. One of our experts can perform an extensive energy audit of your home and provide a comprehensive report that covers your home’s insulation and air sealing; the efficiency of the heating and cooling equipment; the efficiency of the lighting; and health and safety issues. MacFarlane Energy can then identify short-and long-term solutions to remedy any problem areas in your home.
- Installation of high-efficiency equipmentcan cut energy bills by 30 to 50 percent.
- Installation of heating and cooling accessories, such as microprocessor-based controls and programmable thermostats, delivers savings of 10% or more for a small upfront cost.
- Energy-saving equipment maintenance can improve operating efficiency by 5% or more.